Discover PACES for the MRCP book by Tim Hall from an unlimited library of classics and modern bestsellers book. It's packed with amazing content and totally free to try.
The 3rd edition of PACES for the MRCP has been fully revised and updated throughout to retain its pole position as the textbook to accompany core medical training (CMT) and prepare candidates for success in the Practical Assessment of Clinical Examination Skills and a future specialty career.
Fully revised for the new Station 5 and completely updated throughout.
Promotes understanding and deeper learning of modern medicine applicable to PACES and the specialist registrar.
Emphasis on clinical assessment – history-taking, examination and communication skills – equipping candidates with appropriate differential diagnoses from which to develop the right diagnosis.
Encourages candidates to question why a diagnosis has arisen and consider its consequences. For example, ‘Heat failure’ is a not a diagnosis until a candidate has considered the differential diagnoses of breathlessness and decided why heart failure is most likely, and then considered its cause (not always ischaemic heart disease), its presentation (acute, chronic, left or right ventricular or both) and, most importantly, the effects of it and its treatments on a patient’s life.
This 3rd edition of PACES for the MRCP continues to provide fully revised, up-to-date, evidence-based coverage of investigations and treatments. Whilst the emphasis of PACES is on clinical skills, candidates who understand when, for example, a patient with rheumatoid arthritis might benefit from a biologic agent and how this will influence inflammatory disease, is better equipped for success.
- A one-volume text giving candidates complete preparation for the PACES exam within one portable volume
- 250 cases organised into the 5 stations of the PACES exam – respiratory and abdominal system, history taking, cardiovascular and nervous system, communication and ethics and skin, locomotion, eyes and endocrine systems
- Engaging question-and-answer approach at the end of each case – excellent preparation for the exam
- Boxed tips highlight vital information – helps identify what is most important to remember
- Produced in full colour throughout
- Colour coding for each station
- Many more illustrations added – now over 300 clinical photographs and line drawings in colour
- Many more cases added, bringing the number up to 250 – 50 per station
- History-taking and communication skills stations now revised so that they exactly mimic the requirements of the exam
- communication in everyday life 3rd edition pdf download steve duck