Discover Understanding Pathophysiology, 6e book by from an unlimited library of classics and modern bestsellers book. It's packed with amazing content and totally free to try.
Master the important pathophysiology concepts you need to know with the most engaging and reader-friendly text available. Filled with vibrant illustrations and complemented by online resources that bring pathophysiology concepts to life, Understanding Pathophysiology, 6th Edition continues its tradition of delivering the most accurate information on treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease across the lifespan, giving you the fundamental knowledge needed to move forward in your nursing education and career. New additions include a new chapter on epigenetics, new content on rare diseases, a separate chapter for male and female reproductive alterations, streamlined features, simplified language, and fully updated information throughout.
- Introduction to Pathophysiology in the front matter section provides intro to the subject of pathophysiology and explains why it is important.
- Consistent presentation helps readers better distinguish pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment for each disease.
- More than 1,000 high-quality illustrations vividly depict clinical manifestations and cellular mechanisms underlying diseases.
- Lifespan coverage details age-specific conditions affecting pediatric, adult, and aging patients in depth.
- Algorithms throughout the text clarify disease progression.
- Risk Factor boxes alert readers to important safety considerations associated with specific diseases.
- Health Alert boxes highlight new developments in biologic research, diagnostic studies, preventive care, treatments, and more.
- Quick Check boxes test readers’ retention of important chapter concepts.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes and Pediatric Considerations boxes highlight key considerations for these demographics in relevant chapters.
- Did You Understand? sections provide a fast and efficient review of chapter content.
- Chapter outlines help readers find specific information with ease.
- Chapter introductions explain why chapter content is important and how it fits into a broader health care context.
- Key terms are bolded throughout the text for fast, easy reference.
- Glossary of selected terms familiarizes readers with the most difficult or important terminology.
- Additional online resources on Evolve companion website offers access to animations, review questions, key terms matching exercises, and more.